Health & Wellness Benefits Analyst
Bolton is a growing benefits consulting firm that offers employee benefits consulting and brokerage services to employer groups of all sizes and in all market segments. Our services help clients design, implement, and manage employee benefits programs that best meet the strategic goals and financial objectives of their organizations.
Bolton’s success has fueled an atmosphere of collaboration across services lines, contagious energy and passion for what we do. We employ over 100 employees, serve clients located across the US with offices in 6 locations and are headquartered in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
We seek a Health & Wellness Benefits Analyst to join our practice. The Analyst will play a key role providing support to consulting teams, participating in department initiatives, gaining technical knowledge and deep expertise in Employee Benefits while working alongside and being mentored by our experienced and highly reputable Benefits Consultants. Successful and hard working Analysts will build a career in professional advisory services by participating in client strategy meetings, advising and consulting sessions and pursuing business development opportunities
The primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Supporting consultants and working directly with clients by contributing to a wide variety of complex projects involving the design, financing, delivery, ongoing management and communication of the full spectrum of health and group benefit programs including medical, dental, life, disability, voluntary benefits and flexible benefits.
- Interfacing with vendors and clients internally and externally, creating client deliverables, and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Assisting clients with health and welfare program communications and maintenance, as well as developing and coordinating responses to client requests for information
- Conducting benchmarking studies, analyzing and comparing vendor products, services, contracts, benefit comparisons and other research
- Performing financial analysis of utilization reports, carrier reports, claims data & trends and preparing financial reporting packages including dashboards and annual reports
- Design, distribute and evaluate responses to surveys and RFPs
- Prepare the first draft of deliverables for review by the consultant
- Identify new and innovative solutions to employer problems
- Bachelor’s degree required and 1-3 years’ experience with emphasis on financial matters (either in brokerage/consulting firm or comparable carrier experience).
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
- Ability to work both independently and on a team and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Takes ownership of work and is accountable for its completion and accuracy; can problem solve and make effective decisions.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Full proficiency in the use of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Database knowledge and programming languages a plus
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience and degree level. Attractive benefits package offered.
Bolton is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.